Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I visit with Jeanne Bliss, founder and President of CustomerBliss, and the co-founder of The Customer Experience Professionals Association.
Bliss pioneered the role of Chief Customer Officer and was the first to hold the role at several organizations, including Lands’ End, Microsoft, Coldwell Banker, and Allstate Corporations.
She is also the author of several books, including Would You Do That To Your Mother?, which challenges business leaders to get personal and think about every customer service decision they make in terms of whether or not it’s something that would make their mom proud. On today’s episode, we discuss teachings from the book, and what you can do to build a business that creates thoughtful, personal customer experiences.
Questions I ask Jeanne Bliss:
- How would your company act if every customer were your mom?
- What are the traits to hire for and train for when looking for a customer service-oriented employee?
- How do I start to operationalize through the “mom lens?”
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- The role that trust plays in creating a great customer experience.
- How all layers of the company have a huge impact on customer experience.
- Why it’s important to blend high tech and high touch.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jeanne Bliss:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto. Everyone loves payday, but loving a payroll provider? That’s a little weird. Still, small businesses across the country love running payroll with Gusto.
Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.