In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Brian Clark. Brian is a writer, traveler, and serial digital entrepreneur. He’s the founder of the pioneering content marketing website Copyblogger, the midlife personal growth newsletter Further, and Unemployable, an educational community that provides smart strategies for freelancers and entrepreneurs. He’s also co-founder of Digital Commerce Partners, a content marketing and SEO agency for digital business owners.
Web 3.0 or the spatial web is the collection of applications that use emerging technologies such as blockchain, AI, augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) as part of their core technology stack.
In this episode, I talk with Brian Clark, Founder of Copyblogger, about the shift we’re going through and how the web became very centralized around these tech giant platforms. We dive into how these kinds of technologies such as blockchain, cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and smart contracts allow us to de-centralize again.
Questions I ask Brian Clark:
- [1:41] You’ve been writing a lot lately about the transition we’re going through moving from web 2.0 to web 3.0, so I guess the first question – can you explain the shift?
- [4:17] What are some of the defining characteristics?
- [10:25] Can you make the connection between cryptocurrency or blockchain and why that is powering this web 3.0?
- [11:59] A lot of people are fighting the change or move towards cryptocurrency – do you see banks ever embracing it?
- [14:43] Can you talk a little bit about that idea of what our creator coins are, why now, how, and all of that good stuff?
- [17:25] Should I be looking at developing my own currency if I am a content creator with a community?
- [21:37] Can you talk a little about your coin called $MOVE?
- [23:10] Where can people find out more about the other things you’re working on outside of Copyblogger?
More About Mike Brian Clark:
More About Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND