In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Mike Rhodes. With over two decades in the digital marketing industry, he established his award-winning Melbourne-based digital agency WebSavvy back in 2006, to help small businesses grow. They are a Google Premier Partner and one of only a handful of Australian agencies to be part of Google’s International Growth Program. Mike also runs AgencySavvy, training hundreds of agency owners how to ‘do’ Google Ads better and scale their agencies.
He co-authored The Ultimate Guide to Google Ads, now in its sixth edition, which is the world’s best-selling book on Google Ads, with over 130,000 copies sold.
Digital marketing is going through a constant evolution, where the implementation of new tools is a must today to keep up with the necessities of the market. AI plays a big role in advertising, particularly in messaging and content creation. AI tools can produce numerous ads and ideas to create first drafts of content for different platforms and also to recollect data.
Mike also emphasizes that analyzing the budget for online advertising depends on a business’s marketing efficiency ratio, business goals, and margins. Additionally, measuring the lifetime value of new customers is vital to determine the ROI of online advertising, and investing in CRO as an ad spend, could make significant improvements in performance.
Questions I ask Mike Rhodes:
- [02:17] In the last couple of years, what are the biggest changes in digital marketing?
- [04:45] What do you see in the near-term future of using AI in advertising?
- [09:03] Where does programmatic advertising or geofencing fit today?
- [10:37] Does geofencing have a place for certain businesses?
- [11:56] Where do you fall on the need for kinda long-term advertising and short-term advertising?
- [17:28] How do you help people analyze what they should be spending on online advertising?
- [20:15] How do you tie conversion rate optimization to your ad spend?
- [21:49] Regarding GA4, What’s your advice to business owners? How did they take it after using GA3 for so long?
More About Mike Rhodes:
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.