In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Rob Levin. He co-founded Work Better Now in 2018 and currently serves as the chairman. He is also the managing member of the Oasis Strategy Group and CEO of RSL Media. Previously, Rob was the founder and publisher of The New York Enterprise Report, a media company that served small and midsize businesses. Rob began his career as a “Big 6” CPA and held senior positions in several entrepreneurial companies.
Today, hiring people from anywhere in the world is more accessible and businesses can take advantage of the incredible remote talent that exists around the globe. Work Better Now is a virtual assistant company providing remote professionals from Latin America for US and Canadian-based small and mid-sized businesses. Rob emphasizes that having an assistant is important for all business owners because it allows them to focus on strategy and high-level work instead of admin work. Additionally, having a virtual assistant turns out to be an amazing return on investment for the company because it saves time and money since the business owner can delegate tasks they don’t enjoy or aren’t good at.
Questions I ask Rob Levin:
- [02:39] Talk about Work Better Now. What it is, what it does, and what is its unique place in the market.
- [04:56] In the area of marketing, many business owners can’t focus on the strategic work of marketing because they’re doing other stuff that probably shouldn’t be doing, and can be delegated to someone else, right?
- [09:46] Do you find that there is a difference in work ethic and culture that exists in Latin America that maybe doesn’t exist everywhere?
- [12:51] Sometimes when people talk about offshore or hiring people from other countries, there’s an idea of exploitation. Can you explain what you’ve seen as actually an opportunity as opposed to exploiting?
- [14:55] The people that have successfully engaged and really embraced this idea of an executive assistant freed up 20 hours a week of their time. Have there been some things that they’ve done, some best practices or mindset even required?
More About Rob Levin:
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
The HOTH makes it easy to scale your business and improve your SEO. You can get access to 20+ free marketing tools plus 20% off any of their marketing services using the code WELCOME20 today.