In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m doing a solo show, and I’m gonna talk about 7 martketing mistakes that business owner usually make and I give you some tips on how to avoid them.
Businesses often make seven deadly marketing mistakes: lacking a clear vision, trying to please everyone, being just like their competition, wasting marketing resources, competing solely on price, succumbing to the idea of the week, and lacking measurable success criteria. Overcoming these mistakes requires a focused marketing strategy aligned with business objectives for creating a roadmap for growth.
Topics I Cover:
- [01:25] Introduction to the 7 deadly marketing mistakes.
- [02:32] Number 1: No vision of where your business is headed.
- [03:47] Number 2: Trying to be all things to all people.
- [05:54] Number 3: Being just like the competition.
- [08:49] Number 4: Wasting precious marketing resources.
- [09:37] Number 5: Competing on price.
- [11:11] Number 6: Getting overwhelmed with the idea of the week.
- [13:16] Number 7: Having no way to measure your success.
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This Duct Tape Marketing Podcast episode is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.