<img loading="lazy" decoding="async" width="300" height="300" class="alignleft wp-image-71296 size-medium" src="https://149781471.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Blog-DTM-Podcast-Graphics-–-New-300×300.png" alt="In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Mark Mears. He’s a Best Selling author, keynote speaker, and consultant. Serves as Chief Growth Officer for LEAF Growth Ventures, LLC; a consulting firm inspiring individuals, teams, and organizations to find purposeful growth for business success while making a positive, lasting difference in the world.
Mark’s new book The Purposeful Growth Revolution: 4 Ways to Grow from Leader to Legacy Builder, is designed to help individuals, teams, and organizations find their purpose, fulfill their true growth potential, and leave a living legacy.
It is important to grow intentionally into one’s purpose and fulfill that purpose over time. Mark explains that a living legacy is someone who makes a difference in people’s lives and inspires them to want to do likewise. Meanwhile, purposeful growth can be aligned with profitability and philanthropy and should be the central focus for businesses as it leads to engaged and motivated team members, happier customers, and stronger communities. By creating a sense of community and belonging for team members, companies can attract and retain quality employees, becoming more profitable, and ultimately having purposeful growth.
Questions I ask Mark Mears:
- [01:39] How would you define purposeful growth as opposed to growth?
- [02:55] What would you say to large organizations who say, that’s a good idea but we have shareholders that care about how growth has to be measured?
- [07:15] It takes time to build a culture and the processes that are going to drive purpose deep into the organization. I think that people just get kind of short-sighted, don’t they?
- [13:02] Another important concept of this book is the difference between a leader and a legacy builder. Could you explain that difference?
- [15:12] What are some of the first places a company might start going to try to make a change in their culture?
More About Mark Mears:
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.