Lots of folks seem to be teaching public speaking these days, and with good reason. While becoming a sought-after and highly paid speaker may be a dream for some, learning to present your ideas in a more effective manner is a good idea for all.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Grant Baldwin: speaker, author, blogger, podcaster and founder of the Speaker Lab Podcast and the Speaker Lab Summit. Baldwin and I talk about how public speaking can help generate revenue, both as a profession, as well as promotionally to increase sales.
Baldwin knows all about public speaking. Starting out as a youth pastor, he has since evolved his love for speaking. Baldwin has presented to audiences all over the country in conferences, assemblies, conventions and other events.
Questions I ask Grant Baldwin:
- What are some of your resources and best strategies to improve public speaking skills?
- How do I start to pick up business and land paid gigs? What are some tools you use?
- Can you tell us a little bit about the training, workshops, and courses that are currently available?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why understanding your why, what and who is critical to building your business.
- How practice really does lead to perfection—where to find smaller events that are perfect for practice.
- What the pros and cons are to using an agency or bureau.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Grant Baldwin:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.