Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I visit with Scott Young. He is an author, programmer, and entrepreneur who stopped by to discuss his most recent book Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career.
Young became fascinated by stories of people who mastered entirely new skillsets by an approach of self-directed, aggressive learning. This led him to dive into the concept of ultralearning and formulate nine principles for implementing ultralearning in your own life.
Whether you’ve always wanted to learn something for fun—like swing dancing or painting with watercolors—or your learning is about staying relevant in an ever-shifting job market, Young shares what the ultralearning approach can do for you.
Questions I ask Scott Young:
- What is ultralearning?
- Is there a specific process for ultralearning?
- Are there some people who are just smarter and better at learning, or is that a limiting belief?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How ultralearning allows you to skip over the feelings of fear and inadequacy that typically come along with the early stages of learning a new skill.
- Why understanding the learning process can help you love new things.
- Why ultralearning is a necessary skill in today’s job market.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Scott Young:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.