In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Siri Lindley. She is a two-time world champion triathlete and winner of twelve ITU World Cup races. She’s the top female triathlon coach in the world, she’s guided Olympic medalists and Ironman champions to not only become better athletes but also better people. Siri is also a life coach, keynote speaker, and the Founder of two non-profit organizations.
Her upcoming book Finding a Way: Taking the Impossible and Making it Possible. This life-giving guide is for readers who are feeling stuck between the life they want to live and the life that they’re living now. It gives you the tools and strategies you need to find a way through your struggles and on to triumph.
Siri shares her inspiring journey emphasizing the importance of taking control of one’s life and mindset in order to overcome challenges and achieve personal growth. She explains the power of making conscious decisions, focusing on what one wants, and taking responsibility for one’s experiences. She attributes her survival and thriving to her belief in herself and the meaning she assigned to her challenges. Furthermore, she highlights how failure becomes an opportunity for learning and growth, while gratitude, support, and living with purpose and love are essential in everyone’s journey.
Questions I ask Siri Lindley:
- [02:04] Your life has some pretty amazing chapters. So did you find a way to condense it into your book?
- [04:46] How did you get involved in triathlon?
- [06:22] At the top of your game you’re diagnosed with a disease that gave you around a 5% chance of survival. How did that change the game?
- [08:52] How much of your beliefs do you attribute to actually surviving?
- [12:23] I know you have accomplished a lot already, but I suspect that surviving when you weren’t expected to, drives you to say, who am I not to accomplish more, right?
- [15:43] You coach athletes and non-athletes as a life coach. Is there really a difference in terms of how you break through?
- [17:03] As a triathlete, how much of your success is mindset?
- [20:47] Tell me a little bit about your nonprofits.
More About Siri Lindley:
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.