Dr. Starling became a psychologist to better understand people, and she now uses those skills to help entrepreneurs and small business owners grow their business in a healthy and sustainable way.
In this episode, Dr. Starling focuses on the hiring process. Most business owners struggle to attract and hire the right people, and it’s probably because they’ve experienced a poor hiring experience in the past as an employee.
Dr. Starling shares lots of practical tips for creating a culture that attracts A Players and how to think like a marketer when it comes to selling your business as the kind of place employees would want to work.
Questions I ask Dr. Sabrina Starling:
- Where are most business owners making mistakes in hiring employees?
- What if there’s a shrinking labor pool in your industry?
- How do you gracefully handle the process of attracting talent away from your competitors?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How marketing skills play into the hiring process.
- How to turn the traits inherent in a small business into selling points for prospective employees.
- How to structure salary in a way that attracts A Players.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Dr. Sabrina Starling:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way