This week on the podcast, I chat with Ben Robertson. He is the founder of Menadena, a web design and marketing agency based in Keene, New Hampshire, and a member of the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network.
Robertson was a financial consultant prior to turning his attention to web design. Once he pivoted, he realized that he could bring his strategic expertise to the table and broaden his scope from web design to overall marketing strategy. But in order to do that, he wanted to establish a systematic approach to marketing.
That’s where the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network comes in. Robertson talks about his ability to harness the products offered through the network in order to grow his business and establish a broader base of clients on monthly retainer with Menadena, which has proven successful both for his clients and his business.
Questions I ask Ben Robertson:
- What has being a part of the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network meant for you?
- How have you gone about getting clients?
- How do you demonstrate the importance of developing a marketing system?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How offering marketing services on a retainer basis can increase value for the client and allow marketing consultants a steady stream of income.
- Why defining Customer Lifetime Value and Customer Acquisition Costs are critical to setting marketing spend and understanding ROI.
- How installing a marketing system allows you to generate results for clients and articulate their impact.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Ben Robertson:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Asana! Asana is a work management tool to keep your entire team on track. The Duct Tape team relies on Asana to unify communication, assign and delegate tasks, and manage deliverables for everything from individual meetings to big client projects.
To help support the show, Asana is offering our listeners an exclusive deal. You can get a free, 30-day trial. Just go to asana.com/ducttape.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto. Payroll and benefits are hard. Especially when you’re a small business. Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.