In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Carolyn Rodz. Carolyn serves as the co-founder and CEO of Hello Alice. Hello Alice is a free, data-driven, and multichannel platform helping small business owners on their entrepreneurial journey by providing access to relevant funding networks and technical assistance tools while increasing owner success rates. Elizabeth Gore and Carolyn launched Hello Alice with the goal of helping entrepreneurs thrive with access to funding, resources, mentorship, and more.
As a business owner, how do you find the right resources at the right time? Carolyn Rodz co-founded a free digital platform that connects business owners with the resources they need to launch and grow. In this episode, we talk about how HelloAlice helps small business owners on their entrepreneurial journey by providing access to relevant funding networks and technical assistance tools along the way.
Questions I ask Carolyn Rodz:
- [1:30] Could you give us the background of how this Hello Alice came to be?
- [2:20] Why the Lewis Carroll reference?
- [2:59] What’s your history like and what brought you to decide that you were going to do this?
- [4:30] Did you have an aha moment where you knew where you needed to start or how was the business born?
- [5:13] What’s been the biggest challenge?
- [6:09] Do you refer to yourself as a marketplace almost or more of a membership organization?
- [7:03] What’s been the most rewarding thing to date?
- [8:31] Can you describe what the typical member looks like?
- [9:19] Is there an equity emphasis?
- [11:06] How do networking and peer-to-peer connection play out in what is kind of a technology platform?
- [12:50] So how does the process work for businesses who want to join Hello Alice?
- [13:37] How does Hello Alice make money if joining is free?
- [14:39] Is there an art to getting a grant?
- [16:24] What type of networking have you found the community responds to?
- [18:16] Why do members stick around if they choose to stick around?
- [19:40] Have you seen a maturity of a business through this?
- [20:44] Where can people learn more about Hello Alice and connect with you?
More About Carolyn Rodz:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Air is the leading platform for marketing teams to manage and automate their Creative Operations. Air’s intuitive UI is purpose-built for visual assets. Find files faster with visual search and AI auto-tagging. Share files securely. Fast-track projects and feedback. Teams at Google, Sweetgreen, The Infatuation, and more are saving ten-plus hours a week using Air. Learn more at Air.inc/ducttape.
Air, HubSpot Podcast Network