In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m doing a solo show on the 10 essential website elements every homepage needs to have.
What’s the purpose of a website today? Your website has many jobs to do—and that’s part of what makes it so challenging to figure out what elements you should or shouldn’t include on your homepage. Ask yourself: Does your website build trust? Do you articulate what you do and who you serve? Are there clear calls to action? The list of questions goes on. I believe there are 10 critical elements every small business must include on its website, and in this solo episode, I’m breaking them down one by one.
Topics I Cover:
- [5:04] Number 1 – Make a promise to solve your ideal customer’s greatest problem
- [7:02] Number 2 – Include clear calls to action
- [8:30] Number 3 – State clearly who your business gets results for
- [10:02] Number 4 – Outline your core offerings
- [10:54] Number 5 – Articulate your process and what customers can expect
- [11:35] Number 6 – Feature your team
- [12:31] Number 7 – Build credibility and trust
- [13:29] Number 8 – Include a video on your homepage
- [14:51] Number 9 – Use segmentation to personalize content offerings
- [16:33] Number 10 – Offer various ways to get in contact with you – including SMS or text messaging
- [17:37] Number 11 – Ensure your site is mobile optimized
Resources I Mention:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals seeking the best education and inspiration to grow a business.
Everybody’s online, but are they finding your website? Grab the online spotlight and your customers’ attention with Semrush. From Content and SEO to ads and social media, Semrush is your one-stop shop for online marketing. Build, manage, and measure campaigns —across all channels — faster and easier. Are you ready to take your business to the next level? Get seen. Get Semrush. Visit Semrush.com/go to try it free for 7 days.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND